Dionysus is the god of wine, agriculture, theater, grapes, ritual madness, and ecstasy in Greek Mythology. He is said to be the son of Zeus.
Dionysus is known by many names, each of which denotes different aspects of Dionysus. The alternate names that were shown for Dionysus and what they mean are as follows:
- Bromios: being noisy or boisterous.
- Dendrities: meaning he of the trees.
- Eleutherios: meaning the liberator.
- Enorches: a name that denotes Dionysus as a fertility god.
- Bacchus: the name for Dionysus used by the Romans.